8.30.2010

lime and cilantro guacamole.

So those of you who know me...know that I love guacamole! Honestly, what is not to love about a lime and cilantro guacamole? Avocado mashed together with lime juice (another thing I love), cilantro (yet another thing that I love), onion and seasoned with salt and pepper. Ummm, I'm going to go make more right now! Just love it! I could eat it every day. I would eat it every day...but girls only with ripe avocados, of course!

Due to my obsession for this flavor packed, healthy snack, I make it QUITE often. You would never have guessed that, right? And when I make something often, I experiment. This lime and cilantro guacamole is an appetizing result of some experimenting that took place one day in my kitchen. Different than my original guacamole, this guac has a lot more lime juice, a lot more fresh, chopped cilantro and a little more onion. But overall there are lot less ingredients...a simpler guacamole, but not to worry it still is packed with flavor.

4 ripe avocados, firm to the touch
1/2 cup diced onion, white or red
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
4 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Read details on how to properly select avocados for guacamole, how to remove the pit and obtain the flesh at my original guacamole post. Mash avocado flesh with a fork. Add diced onions, fresh squeezed lime juice, fresh chopped cilantro. salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.

xx.
val

No comments:

Post a Comment