8.17.2010

corn salsa.

When I think of corn salsa, I generally think tomato based salsa with corn in it. Side note: I don't usually love Walmart brand food, but their tomato based corn and black bean salsa is wonderful. Anyway Chipotle does corn salsa a little differently - corn is the star of the salsa! I'm not sure Chipotle's corn salsa has tomatoes in it at all? I'll have to inspect closer the next time I go for a burrito bowl. Since I was attempting to make things similarly to Chipotle, I thought I would give no tomato salsa a chance. Here's my recipe for corn salsa... sweet corn with a nice kick ;)

1 can mexi corn, drained
1/2 jalapeno*, chopped
1/8 cup red onion, chopped
1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Small dice the jalapeno and red onion. Add to one can of drained mexi corn. Stir in chopped fresh cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice, salt and pepper. Serve right away or refrigerate until serving.

*Use less or more jalapeno to your liking.

xx.
val

No comments:

Post a Comment