8.09.2010

chipotle braised chicken.

Next up...juicy, flavorful chipotle braised chicken. Out of all the things I attempted to create for the burrito fiesta, the chicken that I made tasted the most different from Chipotle's chicken. My chicken was still really tasty though and super easy to make. I named it chipotle braised chicken because of the chipotle chili powder that I put in this recipe.

2-3 tablespoons olive oil
4 lbs chicken
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups water
2 limes, juiced
2 tablespoons cumin
1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped

Heat olive oil in a skillet or pot over medium high heat. Skillet/pot must be deep enough to hold the chicken in a single layer and have a lid. Sear the chicken in olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Take chicken out and let rest on a plate.

Reduce heat to medium. To the leftover bits in the skillet, add four cloves minced garlic. Let cook for one minute. Add water, juice of two limes, cumin, chipotle chili powder and cayenne pepper to the garlic. Put the seared chicken back in the pan. Simmer chicken in spicy braising liquid with the lid on for 30 to 40 minutes. Move chicken to the serving platter and garnish with chopped cilantro.

I shredded my chipotle braised chicken for our burritos, of course! I left the shredded chicken in the braising juices on very low heat until we were ready to build our burritos.

xx.
val

No comments:

Post a Comment