7.27.2010

chipotle party.

This week and next it is an ode to the most delicious burrito makers in all the land...Chipotle! Recently I had some of our dear Phoenix friends over for a little burrito fiesta to celebrate Kennedy Turner's new job as a LSM Consultant for Chipotle in Arizona. We joked about him rolling each of our burritos, but we didn't actually make him. Next time perhaps ;)


With Chipotle as my inspiration, I created these 'copycat' recipes. I did not know their ingredients or measurements so I just had to get in my kitchen and get creative. My fiesta guests gave me good reviews, but nothing tops the real deal!


Before we get started on my recipes, a few fun facts about the real Chipotle:
1. Chipotle is pronounced chih-POAT-lay.
2. Based in Denver, Colorado.
3. Founded in 1993 by Steve Ells. Chipotle now has over 1000 locations in 36 states.
4. Chipotle went international this past May in London, England.
5. Their slogan is Food with Integrity- which means the best ingredients, cooked slowly and then served fast.

Now for the delicious facts:
1. 100% of their pork and beef is naturally raised.
2. All of their ingredients are made fresh daily.
3. They use zero trans fats frying oil.
4. Hormone free (rBGH) cheese and sour cream.
5. Kennedy Turner made the salsas fresh daily at the Alma School and Queen Creek store location this past week :)

xx.
val

No comments:

Post a Comment